Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Vacation Part Three

Mega super early the next morning we packed up for the next part of our trip - Chicago!  I didn't know a lot about Chicago but mom promised another zoo, a big pond, and lots of fun.  She didn't disappoint.


On the way to Chicago I got to watch a little Curious George in the car.  Mom was proud of herself for rigging things up to work with my rear-facing carseat.  She thinks I'll be rear-facing until I'm nine.  Lame.


Our very first stop in Chicago was the Lincoln Park Zoo!  Of course, we headed straight for the giraffes.  


Next we saw the polar bear.  He was pretty awesome.  I got to peek him through the glass...


... and swimming all around.  I could have watched him all day.


My friend Addison and I watched the merry-go-round.  It was fun to watch but I didn't want to ride.   I'm not scared or anything.  I just like to practice watching-skills.


The zoo adventure was super fun because there were lots of friends with us - mom brought her friends from college and they brought some toddler-peeps for me to meet.  


Zoos are hard work.  So, approximately twenty seconds after getting into my carseat, I took a little (almost two hour) rest while mom drove and drove and drove.  I'm lucky she was so committed to my nap she sacrificed her own.


Mom didn't want me to miss out on the "Chicago experience" so she got one picture of me and the skyline.  If you squint, you might be able to see it.

Stay tuned for part four!

No comments:

Post a Comment