Saturday, November 24, 2012

More Supervision

Welcome to the second installment in my lack of supervision series.


The other day I was all, "Mom, can I do some marker skills?" and mom was all, "Sure! I'll just be in the kitchen eating a sandwich."


I decided to do some hand-printing-skills. Coincidentally we made hand prints in school that day - my teachers painted my hand lots of colors and then I made a hand-turkey. So I thought it would be cool to do the same at home.  First I colored my hands.


And then I stamped them on my paper. As far as I'm concerned, it was a pretty great art project. However, when I was all, "Mom, I'm painting my hands just like in school!" she was a little worried and came waddling in at full whale-speed.  I don't know why.  I wasn't being destructive, I didn't get any on my clothes or table or chair. I was just doing what my teachers taught me.


I think my hands turned out pretty awesome.  And some valuable lessons were learned.  I learned that markers are for paper and not for hands (lame) and mom learned that sometimes a little supervision isn't the worst idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment