Monday, November 26, 2012

Thirty-One

Can you believe it's update time again, Peeps?! I'm thirty-one now! And let me tell you, I feel so much more mature than when I was just thirty. That's probably why it's been such an amazing month.


Lots of big news!  First, I got my big girl bed!  Mom was a little worried but I transitioned like a champ (obvious) and love my bed.  It's toasty, cozy, and I can get in it any time I want.  You know what that means - easy b-guck access! I've been sleeping great in my bed.  I go to bed around 8:15 pm and wake up around 7:15 am.  I have my very own clock  and I know the eight means go to bed, the six means go back to sleep, and when I see the seven I can call for mom and dad!  I'm still napping well too.  I usually nap about 1.5 - 2 hours.  I'm so excited to show everyone my big girl bed.  I don't even need a cribby anymore so it's all set up for Beef Stu now.


My other big news - I'm 100% potty trained! It happened just after I turned 2.5.  I guess that was a turning point in my life. Mom is happy to have a (short) break from diapers.  I aim to please. I always wake up dry in the morning and after nap.  Win. Now if I could just figure out how to get my pants on and off myself, I'd be in business.  Pants are tricky.


All this awesomeness is probably because I'm growing big and strong.  I am twenty-eight pounds.  I'm not sure how tall I am, but probably giant. My curly mullet continues to fill in. My sixteen teeth are expert food-munchers.  And I think my feet are closing in on size six! It's pretty easy to grow when you're mega great at eating.  For breakfast I like to have cereal (Flax or Cheerios) or et-mo (oatmeal).  But I always make sure to eat some of mom's bagel and some of dad's cereal too. If they are feeling iffy about sharing I always remind them that sharing is kind and that they are my best friends.  That usually does the trick.  For lunch I like peanut butter sandwiches, waffles, chicken, bagels, pasta, turkey, and veggies and fruit and yogurt.  And for dinner I like the same things as lunch, along with grilled cheese and frie fries, quesadillas, ravioli, and more.  I just (re)discovered pears and I love them.  Unfortunately, so does mom so I have to fight her for them.


School is going well - I got my first report card and it's a keeper.  Aside from my lack of ball-catching skills I received rave reviews.  And ball-catching seems pretty lame.  Gym class has been great too!  I'm getting pretty great at the warm-up skills.  When I'm home I love puzzles and art projects and reading books.  My spelling skills are pretty great.  If you ask me what m-o-m, d-a-d, s-i-s-s-y, s-t-u, s-a-n-t-a, z-o-o or j-u-l-i-a spell, I can tell you. I still like to rhyme and sing all day long too.  And my counting skills have improved a ton.  I can count to twenty-nine, I can count on my fingers, and I can match counting to actual quantities.  Turns out that's a pretty useful skill.


I'm pretty excited for this coming month because Santa AND Beef Stu are coming.  I'm excited for Santa because that means presents!  And I'm excited for Beef Stu because she's my sister.  I already have plans to help change her diaper and hold her hand when she takes a shower and teach her to color and do puzzles and read books to her and snorgle her and take care of her when mom has to work.  I've been helping get her room ready too.  Her diapies have Elmo on them.  Awesome.


Well, that wraps up thirty-one!

No comments:

Post a Comment