Sunday, January 13, 2013

January Second

On Wednesday morning, January 2nd, I woke up to find mom out of bed and dressed.  At 6:45 am.  Whoa.  She told me it was time to get Beef Stu out of her belly!  So she and dad went to the hospital and I kept Grandma and Grandpa K. and Auntie Maddie company.


At the hospital they got mom all ready.  I'd like to say she handled it like a champ, but let's be honest, she's kind of wimpy.  Rumor has it she was begging to be knocked out within minutes of getting her spinal.  Meanwhile, dad got to wear a ridiculous clown suit.  Maybe it wouldn't have looked so silly if he hadn't put it on backwards.  


And then it was time!  Beef Stu came out of mom's belly yelling.  I guess she wasn't quite ready to be bothered.


Mom was just happy because her very favorite doctor pulled Beef Stu out.  


Once she was out the nurses checked on Stu.  She was 6 pounds, 12 ounces and 19.5 inches (which, incidentally was off by an inch, but we'll just pretend she was born tall).  Even though she had to grow in mom's belly with clotty-guy (a blood clot and torn placenta) Stu was a healthy peeplet.  Phew.


I'm not sure who she looks like yet, but I hear she has my tongue.


Stu got a bath so that she'd be all fresh and clean and then it was time for me to visit her!


Turns out, I know why mom's belly was so big!  Stu had a present in there for me - she brought me my very own camera.  I love it!


I was so excited to meet my sister.


I held her and snorgled her and sang her songs.  


I'm pretty sure she was happy to see me too.


I love my new baby sister and I'm excited to introduce everyone to Beef Stu, aka, Elise McKinley.

No comments:

Post a Comment