Sunday, February 26, 2012

Twenty-Two

Well Peeps, I'm twenty-two.  Hard to believe.  It seems like just yesterday I was being forcibly yanked from mom's belly.  And now I'm practically a tween.  So, here's my update!


I still love Hanky-guy.  I always will.  We're best friends.  But these days he's the only best friend you'll see me with outside my crib.  B-guck (binky) is only for crib (and mom and dad's bed in the morning) and I'm okay with that.  I also have Hanky-blanket, pink blanket and Elmo-guy in my crib.  It's a pretty cozy party for resting.  I usually sleep 7:30 or 7:45 pm until about 7:00 or 7:30 am.  My naps have been a little better.  I was sleeping about 45 minutes but I got tired of hearing mom talk about how lame that was so now they're back to more like 1.5 hours.


When I'm not sleeping I'm usually snacking.  I love snacks, especially cracker-bunnies, pouches, and berries.  I always eat oatmeal with banana and applesauce for breakfast and sometimes toast too.  For lunch and dinner I like to have turkey, chicken, cheese, maca, pasta, waffles, pancakes, yogurt, berries, ravioli, broccoli, carrots and any other bread product.  I also discovered a love for quesadillas, hot dogs, and anything dad is eating.


I have ten teeth (four top front, two top molars, three bottom front, one bottom molar) and one more that's popping as I type this.  My fluff is getting pretty long and curly.  I'm not sure about official stats but I'm somewhere between 23.5 and 24 pounds.  And I'm short.  Details aren't important there.


I love playing toys.  My favorite toys are my doll house, Legos, my kitchen and my guys - Lionking, Baby, and Mickeymouseclubhouse.  I love playing with mom and dad but I'm a pretty content toddler-peep so I'll play by myself too.  Oh an d laundry baskets.  I love filling laundry baskets with blankets and then sitting in them to read books.


I still mega love books.  I get to pick library books all the time and those are usually my favorite.  I especially love books with animals, Critter, Clifford and Fancy Nancy.  I would still love Ruby but she's been missing for a few days.  I can't remember the super secret spot where I last had her.  Grandma, did I leave her at your house???


Even though I'm not supposed to watch TV, sometimes I do.  Like everyday.  Starting the minute I wake up.  I like to snorgle with mom and dad and watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  Later in the day I love to watch my letters video or my school video.  Sometimes people judge TV-watching-toddler-peeps, but I've been learning mega so mom and dad say I can still watch.


My learning skills have really blossomed.  I know all of my letters and most of their sounds too.  I can even say the ABCs with about 70% accuracy and 157% cuteness.  I can count to ten and I'm learning what the numbers mean - I can count fingers, legs and pieces of bread I've shredded at lunch.  I know the colors pretty well (turns out everything is not blue, shocking) and a bunch of shapes (triangle, star, heart, circle, square).  I know four days of the week (Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday) though I'm making an effort to more often include Sunday.  And most of these skills came from my awesome videos!  (Dear Leapfrog, if you need a spokes-peep, call me.  Love, Juj)


I still go to school, library-school and gym class.  They're all so fun.  And I love to play with friends too!  I also love coloring and working on my finger-painting skills.  Stickers are pretty awesome and I love the bank and grocery store because they always have stickers for me.


I'm a super chatty toddler-peep.  I pretty much talk constantly, from morning til night, and sometimes while I'm supposed to be napping.  I speak in sentences, usually around 4-5 words but some as long as 7-8 if I have an important point to make.  If I get too animated about a subject, sometimes I slip into emphatic gibberish, but usually I'm pretty easy to understand.  Mom and dad think my chatters are pretty funny.  I also like to sing songs (Twinkle Twinkle, ABCs, I Love You, Tick Tock and Baby Shark are some of my favorites).

Well, I think that sums up what it's like to be twenty-two!  It's basically a party every single day.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great you're 22 and all, Juj, and this was a really exceptional and excellent post, even for you, but I'm still waiting for a Christmas morning report. Don't think that just cause you're older and so cute with your ten teeth that I'll let you off the hook...

    ReplyDelete