Saturday, April 28, 2012

Two!


Well Peeps, it's official, I'm a two year old!  Hooray!  Now that I'm a two year old toddler-peep, it's time for another big update!


Well, let's see.  I've been working a lot on my brain-building-skills lately.  My chatter skills are pretty great.  I've been told I chatter like a four year old.  Awesome.  My alphabet skills are pretty excellent.  My number skills are improving - I can count to nineteen although I skip fifteen.  Details.  I've got a pretty solid understanding of time (yesterday, tomorrow, not now, later, etc.) and I use pronouns correctly.  My memory is pretty great so if you want me to tell you about the spider that was on the wall that Sissy-Dog tried to eat four months ago, I totally will.  I also love singing - my favorite songs to sing are ABCs, B-I-N-G-O, Ring Around the Rosy, Wheels on the Bus, and Itsy Spider.  But with a little help, I also know a lot of the words to "Rumor Has It."


I'm growing up pretty big.  I'm twenty-four pounds (16th percentile) and thirty-two inches tall (10th percentile).  I have twelve teeth!  And my curly fluffy mullet is really coming in.  I'm probably growing so big because I'm such a good eater.  I love pasta and oatmeal and yogurt and cookies and carrots and fruit and yogurt and cookies.  Plus, I get a lot of rest.  I sleep about eleven hours at night (around 8 pm to 7 am) and then I take excellent naps (2-3.5 hours long!).  And since I'm getting pretty grown up, I've been working on my potty skills.  I still wear diapers but I use my potty 2-4 times a day. 


I love playing games and toys and working on skills.  I love library books, computer games, puzzles, my new doctor kit and coloring.  I also love playing outside with chalk, looking for flowers and ducks, and going to the playground.  Since I'm in gym class I've learned some great climbing-skills so I can climb all over the playground.  I love going on adventures with mom and dad.  And I'm super helpful in the car - if the car stops I tell them "red means stop!" and when we go I say, "green means go go go!"  I practically have my license.  When I'm not running around or playing with friends, I like to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  I love Mickey and Goofy and Pete and Fluto!


Well, that's about it!  I'm excited to start my third year - I think it's going to be pretty awesome.  I hear two year olds get a lot more cookies than one year olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment