Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Day

Happy Thanksgiving, Peeps!


I had a mega busy day.  In the morning I was all, "Let's go to the movies!  I've been dying to catch the new muppet flick.  I bet Elmo is in it!"


Turns out, Elmo was no where to be found.  But I did run into three giant chipmunks.  Dad let me play with them even though his favorite thing to do with chipmunks is trap them and get them to stop digging up the yard.


The movie was really great!  I also thought half was the perfect amount of movie to watch.  I probably would have stayed for the whole thing if Elmo had been in it.


After the movie I worked on my turkey-coloring skills.  I wanted to be festive, you know.


After nap I got to play outside!  Even though it used to be cold and snowy, today it was like summer!  I got to play ball, stroller, car, and scooter and I didn't even get finger-cicles!


Playing outside is super fun, especially when I don't have to wear my snorgle suit.  That thing is so restrictive I can't do any skills when I'm bundled.


In the afternoon I worked on my reading skills.  Grandpa P. read Ruby to me.  Mom and dad were all, "Sucker!" but I know Grandpa P. loves Ruby just like I do.


Dad read to me too, but if it's not Ruby, it's just not the same.


Finally it was time to go to Grandma and Grandpa K.'s house for dinner!


I was looking forward to watching football - that's what you're suppose to do on Thanksgiving, but when I turned on the game, it was Enrique instead.  It was love at first sight.


I was all, "Hey mom, can you let Santa know I'd like tickets to see Enrique for Christmas?  And maybe an autographed CD and an Enrique bumper sticker for my cozy coupe?"


Even Hanky-guy thought Enrique was dreamy.


When my boyfriend was done singing I played with Auntie Maddie.  She was all, "Let's make silly faces for the camera, Juj!"  And I was all, "Okay Maddie, but I know you're really just saying that because you don't know how to open your eyes in pictures."


I'm not judging her.  She just has an eye-keeping-open disability and I'm making everyone else aware.


Finally I had to stop goofing around and get to work in the kitchen.  I tried to make mac-a but no one seemed interested.  Lame.


Dad made his very first turkey and everyone said it was mega delicious.  My dad is pretty much a professional chef.  And my mom can heat things in the microwave.  They're an awesome team.


After dinner I played a little light music to help people relax.


And then it was time for a family picture (except Sissy because she was busy snooting stuff).  I know you probably can't believe this because I basically never take a bad picture, but this was actually the best one.


See?  Told you. 


I'm mega grown up compared to last year's picture!


Before it was time for bed there was a little time left to play...


... read Ruby with Grandma P. twenty times...


... and give everyone some snorgles.


By the end of the night I was pretty tired.  It's hard work to be such an awesome and entertaining toddler-peep.  But I managed to squeeze in one quick snorgle with Great Grandma K. before I decided to take mom and dad home for bed.


Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment