Thursday, January 26, 2012

Legal

Well Peeps, it's time for another update.  Hard to believe but I'm twenty-one today!  Of course, if you ask me I'll say I'm "seben," (and Hanky-guy is eight), but that's another story.  So, here's what twenty-one looks like on a toddler-peep!


Twenty-one is a lot like twenty.  My favorite activity is still reading.  I get tons of library books all the time and it only takes a couple times reading them before I learn most of the words.  I like to pile all my guys on the couch and read with them.  If not the couch, we read in my fort or clubhouse under my slide.  I love all kinds of books, especially books with animals, but my favorite right now are Clifford books, Arthur books, Little Critter books and of course, Ruby.


Even though I love reading books, playing toys is fun too.  I'm super into Little People.  I have a bus, plane and dollhouse and I play with "the guys" all the time.  I also have Legos that I really like.  It's fun to build towers and then have them go "kaboom."  I also love coloring.  I always ask for a pen and paper and then work on my ABCs.  I can draw a circle (sort of) but I really like when mom and dad draw turtles for me.


I'm still a pretty good eater, especially when it comes to bread products and cheese and fruit.  I would eat only blueberries and blueberry bagels if mom let me.  It helps that I have nine teeth now (with no sign of any more)! I drink milk when I first wake up in the morning and a little before bed at night, but only from my sippy cup.  I used to snorgle in and have it before bed but now mom is all, "You have to brush your teeth after milk, Juj."  Lame.  And of course, the biggest news - my bink stays in my crib.  I'm allowed to have it in mom and dad's bed first thing in the morning when we snorgle and watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, but that's it.  It's a lame rule but I've adapted well because I'm awesome.  And if I really need some time with b-dah, mom and dad let me sit in my crib with books.


I'm still a pretty great sleeper.  Mom isn't entirely impressed with my napping skills but I'm older now, I don't need billions of naps.  I nap about 1-1.5 hours a day.  But at night I sleep from about 7:30 pm to 7:30 am.  So I think mom should chill on the napping.  Anyway, I don't have time to nap when I'm busy in school, gym class, and playing with friends!  I'm a very busy toddler-peep!


I'm a very happy girl almost all of the time, and I'm a very chatty girl too.  I talk in 3-5 word sentences a lot of the time.  Like tonight mom was reminding me about gym class tomorrow and I asked, "Mommy come to gym class?"  I'm learning my numbers - I can count to ten (as long as you don't mind that I skip 4, 5 and 6) and I can sing some ABCs and tell you what some letter sounds are.  My colors still need some work.  I love singing songs, especially the Wheels on the Bus, Baby Shark, and Itsy Spider.  But mom and dad think the best thing I say is, "I lub you."  With "I lub you " and "please" I can basically get anything I want.  I'm researching ponies.  That's about it, I think twenty-one is going to be a good month!

No comments:

Post a Comment