Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Marathon

On Sunday I got to practice my cheering skills.  I went to watch the marathon!


It was a little chilly outside so I fashionably bundled up.  I didn't want to be a peepsicle.


When I arrived at the cheering section I was a little overwhelmed - there were so many people and the music was mega loud.


But once I warmed up my dance moves and waved to the airplanes, I was ready to get cheering.


It was so fun to watch all the runners running past me.  They even waved to me!


I watched...


... and I clapped...


... and then my favorite runner appeared - Grandpa K.!  He's a mega excellent runner.  After the race he was all, "Juj, I won my division - 59 year old Jewish men from Edina!"  It's pretty awesome to win a division, you know.


Mom was all, "Juj, would you cheer for me if I ran a marathon?" and I was all, "Umm mom, if you ran to the end of the block this is what you'd look like.  Let's not talk crazy."


After a while my tongue was all, "I think it's time for snacks!"  My tongue is never wrong about snack time.


Don't worry, I was able to cheer and snack, no problem.


I had so much fun showing off my cheering skills and watching my grandpa run.  By the time all the runners went by it was warm enough to remove my arctic gear.  I was a little embarrassed by my wicked mullet but these things happen.  I can't wait to cheer again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment